* 4 medium baking potatoes
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
* Oil for deep-fat frying
* Sour cream, optional
* Scrub and pierce potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or just until tender, turning once.
* Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the flour, milk, egg, seasoned salt, oil and pepper until smooth. Stir in beer; set aside.
* When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each into 12 wedges. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip potato wedges into batter. Fry in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts: 6 wedges (calculated without sour cream) equals 267 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.